I don’t know how other moms manage to get through the day, but when I notice I’m teetering dangerously close to the edge of mom insanity, I like to pack up and leave the house for a play date.
Now, Jack – who belongs to my friend Kim – and Liam aren’t much for actual playing right now, but I know they appreciate it. Don’t let those looks on their faces mislead you. They’re bff’s (bros for life) whether they like it or not because Kim and I plan on spending a lot of mom time together. It’s not every day you have a friend to go through your entire pregnancy with, and I can’t imagine not sharing the rest of our kid milestones together, as well.
I put together a list of other little blessings that help me get through the day:
- The smell of Christmas trees (note: we don’t have our tree yet, but I lit a candle).
- The sounds of Liam entertaining himself. Music to my ears, I tell you!
- A homemade cup of coffee with peppermint mocha creamer, which I found completely empty in the refrigerator this morning. I’m not saying that it wasn’t me who put it back empty, but this morning I definitely blamed my husband.
- That first bite of a brownie fresh out of the oven.
- The moment the UPS man pulls up your driveway with the package you’ve been waiting for. I practically mauled him on our front porch.
- Pumpkin bread. Anytime. Anywhere. Period.
- Snuggling with my weiner dog, Roxie.
- Watching endless episodes of Bones on Netflix. Who’s with me on this one?! Anyone? No? Ok.
- Sitting by a warm fire.
- Thick and gooey PBJ sandwich on Wonder Bread at Midnight (yeah, that happened last night)